Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2015

30 weeks!!!

I can't believe how far along I am in this pregnancy ALREADY! I seriously feel like just yesterday we were finding out about our little bun baking in the oven. And considering baby girl's arrival is RIGHT around the corner, the "nesting" has set in FULL effect and I am so ready to have her nursery finished! I still can't post any pics because we have quite a bit left to do, but I'm hoping to be able to share very soon! The last month has been crazy with it being football season and now Tripp and I are in Houston for 8 days getting in some last family visits since it will be a while before our next return. I'm SOOOOO grateful my mom will be coming up in two weeks to help out with little man especially due to the fact that I cannot lift anything at all anymore due to my already fractured tailbone. Sigh :/ Yes, for those that are unaware I did break my tailbone when delivering Tripp two years ago and yes they told me there was a chance of it happening again.... but after experiencing horrible pains shooting down my back into my pelvis over the last few weeks I finally got it checked out and yep, baby girl is sitting and putting pressure RIGHT where the fracture is. So it appears the break will indeed be happening again this time around. Yippy!!!! Now, this is NOT by any means a sympathy/ pity party post, but I have been asking people a lot of questions about it so if anyone has any advice, please shoot it this way!!!! My doctor prescribed me Tramadol to take as needed for now, but apparently this thing is more common than I was aware of so once again, any advice is much needed!

As mentioned above, Tripp and I are in Houston this week and it was so nice to be able to have my parents help on the flight from Lubbock to Houston last weekend. They flew up to see us for Tech vs TCU (my stomach still hurts just thinking about that game.... i can't even.... like I seriously almost went into labor...anyways moving on.....) and I was fortunate enough to have BOTH of them for our flight to Houston on Sunday. I can honestly say it has been QUITE some time since this mama has sat on an airplane and read an In Style magazine without any interruption or disturbances. I happily took a seat BEHIND my parents and Tripp on the plane so I could enjoy my short flight across texas in peace, #whoISthatchildthatcantsitstill #seriouslywherearehisparents #someoneneedstocontrolhimIamtryingtorelax ;)


Hi. Please turn around little boy ;) 


If you want your child to relax and sleep on the plane, just fill him up with snacks. ANY snacks. A full belly leads to the following picture:


Dreaming of his Teddy Grahams.....



So my parents have been super busy lately too, they painted Tripp's "big boy room" blue in Houston along with hanging all these adorable canvas prints on his wall. Tripp sure enjoys going to Nana and Grandaddy's house!!!



30 weeks.... I would say it's hard to believe it but truthfully, it's not that hard to believe once I see my belly in front a mirror.....

According to my pregnancy app, baby girl should be the size of a head of cabbage and weigh about 3 pounds. Welp, I was thinking more like the size of a head of romaine lettuce and she is weighing 4 lbs according to my doc....but whatever. More on the 30 week update below:

How far along? 30 weeks 
Energy: None, like zip zero ZILCH. Trying to keep up with tripp, have a decently clean house, all while managing to feed the three of us on a daily basis has me drained. BUT, I know this is all temporary and still trying to savor these last weeks of pregnancy as a family of 3 as much as I can!!! Best moment this week: Getting to see sweet girl's face on the ulstrasound and having Trey getting to join was wonderful! Also, we have the bassinet set up in our room with the little pink sheets and Tripp keeps pointing to my stomach, then running over to the bassinet and patting it, and then making the "shhh" sound while tapping his finger on his lips like he is telling me that is where the baby will sleep. I can honestly say we did not teach him that, little man is catching on to more than we give him credit for!!
Movement:  More and more by the day! She still isn't moving nearly as much as Tripp was at this stage but she definitely knows how to count my ribs.... especially around 2 or 3 am.... :/ 
Food cravings: Breakfast foods, (eggs, tacos, pancakes, etc) and grilled cheese with tomato soup ;) Surprisingly, the tomato soup has not given me any heartburn! Yet. Fingers crossed.         
Anything making you queasy or sick: Some smells still make me nauseous, but for the most part I'm fine in that department.      
Miss anything? Bending over. And being able to stand and do an entire sink of dishes before having Braxton Hicks contractions and having to take breaks! Ugh. I have been trying to accept the fact that sometimes the dishes just will not be done before bedtime, as much as it drives me insane.
Stretch Marks?  Nope.    
Wedding rings on or off? My band is a half size smaller than my engagement ring, so I haven't been able to wear the band anymore :/ Hopefully IF we get any cooler temps I will be able to slide it back on!
Happy or Moody? I think happy.... but although some days my husband may beg to differ ;) Love you honey!    
From the doctor:  I had a visit with Dr. Owen, my OB, on Tuesday and she prescribed me tramadol for my tailbone as well as confirmed that I would be receiving steroid shots starting at my next appointment until delivery since I had Tripp at 34 weeks. This should help her lungs develop and be stronger should she decide to follow her brother and make an earlier appearance. I also had a visit with my MFM doctor on Thursday to confirm my tailbone fracture and the pressure and while they are usually NOT pro c-section, did offer it to me as an option should I choose. I am going to try and go the other route for now, but obviously would be open to it if it's in the best interest of my or baby Haverty's health! I got to see her precious face on the 3D and cannot get over how much her and her brother look exactly alike at this age!!!! I will post a side by side pic next week. She is weighing in at 4 lbs even and amniotic fluid still looks good! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment