Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

FIVE on Fridayyy!!!




Welp, it's been a week since my last post and I feel the need to give myself a little pat on the back for not slacking and waiting another month before any more updates! ;) So needless to say, I thought I would share this week's current faves!!! 

One

Heartburn Remedies!!




In case you haven't heard, I have had the WORST pregnancy heartburn. I think I may have mentioned it in every single blog post so I would imagine if you are reading this you are rolling your eyes and thinking, "we get it!" However, I would like to share a tip that has worked for me that I wish I would have come across months ago! Heck, even years ago back when I was going through the same thing when pregnant with Tripp. Yes I may have just gotten on Nexium BUT that doesn't mean you are 100% in the clear!!! Anyways, when you are in the situation you are desperate to try anything so feel free to try these out, I hope they work as well for anyone else that may stumble across this as they have worked for me! So, the first remedy I have found is coconut water. Yep, that's it. Now- I was not one of those that jumped on the coconut water bandwagon when it first made it's debut onto grocery stores shelves years ago. I was never really impressed with the flavor of it so it never dawned on me to try it again. Well, fast forward years later and recently while at a Tech tailgate I had a friend ask if I had tried coconut water as a heartburn remedy. As she is holding her glass of champagne and I am counting down the days until I can join her for a delicious pre-game mimosa, (83 days from today to be exact), she hands me a bottle of what I have learned to be one of the best remedies ever! I shook my head in disgust and told her I didn't care for the flavor. Well, it turns out they have amazing flavored coconut water options now and this one just turned out to be amazing! I am sure there are others out there but this one is so good and REFRESHING! This particular one I love is the Simply Balanced Peach & Mango flavored coconut water from Target. And the best part is, if you sip on it throughout the day it really does help prevent heartburn. I have been sipping on it all day everyday and have not had a problem since, and I have even been bad and had spicy queso which ALWAYS sets it off for me. The second remedy I have found are almonds! Just plain whole raw, (salted is fine), almonds. I have been eating a handful of these 20-30 minutes before meals and while I haven't done the exact research, it somehow prevents heartburn as well! I found this remedy on Pinterest and thought it was worth a shot and turns out, it has definitely worked for me as well! Anyways, just thought I would share for anyone suffering the same thing and hopefully it works as well for everyone else that it has for me!


Two

Nars Tinted Moisturizer 



This tinted moisturizer is definitely by far my favorite. I have tried so many out there and this here is Ol' Faithful. I have been using it for years and can't complain! It blends in evenly and lasts all day. I usually just throw this on along with a little bronzer and mascara if I'm just going to be running around for the day. It really is the perfect EVERYDAY lightweight makeup. The shade is I use is St. Moritz and it really does blend in perfectly! 

Three

 The 10 Commandments of Marriage by Ed Young 



I received this book as a gift from my parents when we got married 4 years ago and am reading it for the second time. NOW- before anyone comes quick to judge, you don't have to be in a unhappy relationship to read books like this. Marriage truly is a gift to be treasured and while it comes with its great rewards, you also learn a lot about yourself and I know I always want to be the best partner and wife I could ever be for my husband. This book does a beautiful job of demonstrating ways you can reflect on your own marriage all while growing in a stronger covenant closer to God. It also talks about different "stages" of marriage, overcoming obstacles, and being more of a team than living in a "I" state of mind. I could go on and on about this book but if you want to learn more check out the reviews on Amazon or feel free to shoot me a message! It's an easy read and not super long, so it's totally worth checking it out. 


Four

 Korres Lip Butter in Guava



This stuff is definitely worth mentioning and I may even throw it back on the list within the next few months because it seriously is THAT good. I have been using this stuff for 10+ years now and love love loooove it. I keep some on my nightstand, in my diaper bag, purse, and my makeup bag. The description on the website says the color is "clear" but when I put it on its more of a milky white color. The color I wear is Guava and it smells amazing too! Living in a super DRY town out in west texas this girl needs all the help she can get! 


Five

 Faux Shearling Vest 




I may be a tad late to the party, since I know these aren't really NEW or anything but I have recently fallen in LOVE with a good shearling vest and can't wait until the weather cools down so I can bust mine out. An easy way to look effortlessly pulled together while running around for a day on the town, this vest will definitely be a Fall staple in my wardrobe this year. I recently purchased the one linked below from one of my favorite little boutiques in Houston, (Pomp & Circumstance Boutique) but you can find them all over from inexpensive to $$$, 



Have a great weekend folks! I have two doctor appointments next week so I can't wait to share pics and updates of our little princess soon!!! XOXO~


1 comment: