Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday Favorites!!




Once again, I missed last week's 5 on Friday... I wish I could be more consistent but our lives around here have been a tad bit chaotic and busy to say the least! More on my pregnancy on the next post, but for now, here are this week's Friday Faves!!!!

ONE

Ok, so I promise I will be done talking of ALL things pumpkin after this post, but these were both seriously just too good not to share! I came across these pumpkin Fiber One bars in Costco, (can I get an AMEN for free samples?!) and ended up buying a ginormous Costco size box of them. And total bonus, my son LOVES them so it was worth stocking up! Our pantry may look like we are getting ready for an apocalypse but at least we will be full of fiber and happy campers over here should we experience any event of that nature anytime soon! And speaking of, these pumpkin spice Eggos are also TOOOO good not to share. I shared them on my instagram a few weeks back but thought I would share again because they are THAT good! 



Aaaaand speaking of all things pumpkin, we took a trip to the local arboretum last Friday with our good friends and how adorb are these boys?!?? Cutest pumpkins in the patch if I must say so myself!



TWO

I have been wanting to mention this face wash for a while now but mommy brain got the best of me and I keep forgetting! Anywho, I know I talked about my absolute favorite lip butter by Korres a few weeks ago but their face wash is just as good! It smells amazing, leaves my skin SO soft, removes makeup, and is free of sulfates and parabans! 5 stars in my book! I have been using this for a long time now and don't see myself switching anytime soon!!



THREE

So, I still have a LONG way to go on the nursery but thought I would share this "knockoff" we got for our little princess's room a while back. I love love love the Restoration Hardware version of the crown for above the crib but when I saw this for a fraction of the cost I thought why not? I'm going to do a full nursery post when we are all done but here is just a sneak peek of something we have worked on so far! We got the crown at Kirklands and it's not available online anymore but they still have them in majority of the stores. Here is Miss Blakely's crib so far with the crown above it. The only things we had to do was buy the tulle and make the canopy for it since the Kirkland's version doesn't include the canopy. 



*Sidenote: I am well aware that once she gets older and starts pulling herself up there is a dangerous chance of her pulling the canopy down so once that happens we plan on pinning the sides up farther from the crib or removing the canopy altogether until she is older!!

Oh, and I got her carseat cover in the other day as well and was so excited to start seeing her name on some more things!!! Watch out because this mama will be going on a monogram binge the next few months!!!!



FOUR 

On top of the numerous other things to keep us busy lately, this has been one of them! We decided to move Tripp's dresser and changing table into Blakely's room and make a fun little DIY project out of it. Well, this turned into a long project and not near as easy and simple as planned! I am a HUGE fan of Annie Sloan chalk paint and have used it many times before, including the built-ins in our living room! Well, apparently chalk paint does NOT work on everything without priming it first as it says. So, I had to make a few trips to Lowe's (this was fun seeing that I am on pelvic rest....more on that the next post), and ended up buying primer, paint, and poly-acrylic coating to get the job done. Add in a trip to World Market for some new knobs and we finally have her dresser done! All the paint we used was low VOC but thankfully I had Trey and my mom here to help with the job! Here is the dresser before when it was in Tripp's room and here it is after....








FIVE

Well, I saved the BEST for last. Once again, more on my pregnancy update on the next post but for now I am SO happy to share that we finally have a date set for Blakely's arrival. I was REALLLLY hoping this pregnancy would be a little less complicated than Tripp's but apparently that won't be the case. I went in for my 32 week appointment last week and they found that our baby girl is measuring in at a whopping 6 pounds already. Given the fact that Tripp was born prematurely at 35 weeks and weighed 6 lbs 7 oz they have already told me to prepare for a large baby. Throw in the fact that the fracture on my tailbone from 2 years ago (birth of Tripp) has reopened, they have decided to go ahead and have me induced at 37 weeks. I always wanted to have a birthing experience like you see in the movies where you wake up at night after realizing your water breaks, have your husband get your hospital bag, load up the car, and head to the hospital. I know this labor won't be at all what I had always imagined, but at this point I am just happy to finally have a date set and know that our princess will be here sooner than we expected, just in time for Thanksgiving! My original due date was 12/10 but they have bumped me up to 11/19 which works out in our favor because it so happens to be the bye week for Tech football! I truly believe in God's timing and that everything happens for a reason so I am going to sit back and just enjoy my last few weeks and pray that we have a smooth delivery with a healthy baby girl. My doctor did reassure me she wants me to aim for a regular delivery before scheduling a c-section since apparently it helps the baby's lungs get stronger as they work their way down and descend through the birth canal. However, she told me to keep the c-section possibility on the table because depending on her size, that may be the only way to go. Regardless, I am happy we will have our little girl here in less than a MONTH!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment