Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Tripp's surgery

Well, as mentioned in the last post Tripp was scheduled for surgery Tuesday morning to finally get his tubes for his ears. It was a success and I can honestly not complain, everything went as smoothly as we could have hoped! We had to be at the hospital at 8 am even though his surgery wasn't set up until 9 am. We walked into the waiting room and there were people EVERYWHERE. Like, standing room only. We checked in with the registration desk and went to try and find a seat. Apparently, the hospital is the new place to bring YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY with you. Now, before you judge me as a cold-hearted pregnant woman who is just being hormonal, let me first tell you that this area of the hospital is for outpatient/ minor surgeries. No need to bring every single family member along. It specifically states on the paperwork (that you fill out well in advance) no more than 2 family members per patient in the waiting room. Well, I guess I am the only one that read that part. Every family in this waiting room had at least 4 or 5 family members with them, it was insane. Why am I sharing this with you, you may ask? Well, it relates to the end of my story. Anywho, we waited around and I finally landed an open seat, I felt like I was in the audience of an episode of Oprah's favorite things....

So, back to my story. They finally call us back to the pre-op room where Tripp is directed to drink some "happy juice". This kool-aid type drink basically just relaxes him so they can take him back to the operating room. Well, anyone that knows my son knows his fixation with LIGHTS. Yes, lights.  It doesn't matter where we are, (grocery store, mall, HOME, wherever!), our little man will get your attention (stranger or not) and make sure you are well aware if a light is out. It's his obsession. He becomes quite the little dictator in that sense, he gets very unhappy and cannot focus his energy on anything else until the light is fixed or we remove him from the situation altogether. Well, it turns out the small room they put us in had a light out. Tripp drank the juice and immediately started screaming, "UH-OHHHHH! UH-OHHHHH!' while pointing out the light bulb that was out in the ceiling. The nurse returns after about 10 minutes and clearly sees he has not gotten the least bit drowsy or relaxed, (that darn lightbulb). So, she comes back with a little bit MORE of the happy juice. She returns again after the second dose and sees he is just as upset about the light being out and therefore it appears he won't be relaxing anytime soon. So, she went around and checked the other rooms to find one where alllll the lights were in working order and moves us into that room. I seriously can't make this stuff up. He finally relaxes, (thank you sweet baby Jesus for having all the lights working!), and they are able to take him back for the surgery. HALLELUJAH. 

Moving on, they ask me to move back into the waiting room, which I reluctantly do. Of course, its super crowded and I see ONE seat open in the corner. I make an immediate beeline to it and while not looking up at anyone, I turn around and sit down. Except wait a second- did I just sit in something wet? Oh. My. Gawd. I lifted up my leg and low and behold I just realized I sat in a puddle of vomit. YES someone else's stomach bile and Lord knows what else mixed in there. The nasty smell alone makes me need to do the same. Not only did nobody warn me of this before sitting down but nobody even says anything after I got up and sprinted to the nearest restroom. Just  tons of stares. And awkward silence. I scrubbed my pants with the hottest water my skin would take and pumped the entire box of antibacterial foam all over myself. Anyways, I'm sure my horrible experience couldn't interest anyone except my close family members so I just had to share.  

Shortly after, the doctor came out to let me know Tripp was ready to go and was in recovery! He was a little disoriented the first 15 minutes and cried but after that he was happy as a clam! We got home and he ran straight to his "cat-ttyyyy" and was ready to play! Thank you for the prayers and well wishes, we are so glad to say that Tripp's first surgery was a success!!! 

The night before. Poor boogins had no clue about the next morning....

Sitting on the floor in the waiting room.... yes he is wearing his pj's. They said for him to just stay in his pajamas for the surgery, we were both fine with that! 

Immediately after, our little handsome trooper!

Eating a powdered donut when we got home. After I changed my pants of course. 

Ready to torture play with Bella as soon as we got home!!







No comments:

Post a Comment