Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

14 weeks :)

I suppose what they say regarding first trimester fatigue is true.... because although I am barely into my second trimester, I can already tell I feel like I have more energy and am less lethargic. Don't get me wrong, I won't be running a marathon anytime soon but I do feel like I finally have the energy to at least keep up with my crazy 2 year old and get chores done at the same time, for once. Anyways, here is my 14 week update, not the MOST exciting blog post but definitely something I want to document so I will have something to look back and read one day :)

How far along? 14 weeks
Wedding rings on or off? On
Maternity clothes? Still not quite yet, although I am actually excited to wear them this pregnancy! With Tripp, I was at my "biggest" through the winter and colder months so I had a bunch of bulky sweaters and maternity jeans. This is pretty how much how I felt on any given day three winters ago:





Let me just say, when you are already swollen and feel like the marshmallow man pictured above, the last thing you want to do is pile on a bunch of bulky sweaters and squeeeeze into your "skinny" jeans, even if they do have a maternity band as a waist. This time, lucky me, I get to be preggo during the hottest months of the year. In Texas, might I add. So, this mama stocked up on some cute maternity shorts and flowy easy breezy maxi dresses. Now I better just add a bottle or 2 of handy dandy self-tanner to my list so I can at least tan these poor soon-to-be cankles of mine. Sigh. 
Best moment this week: FINALLY having my husband back in town after a verrrrry long recruiting season on the road. I'm not sure why, but this year seemed to be the longest year for me with him being gone, so it's so nice to have him home. He may still not get home til late at night, but at least he is HOME.
Food cravings: I usually keep a stash of Dove dark chocolate squares in the candy jar and that's my little daily indulgence. However, this pregnancy chocolate just hasn't been appealing to me at ALL. I will say that the Dreyer's Outshine frozen fruit bars have been my craving on a daily (and nightly) basis. I have also been craving pizza (we made dough from scratch on Saturday and made one on the grill outside that was DELISH!). And, while I KNOW it's the worst breakfast a preggo should be indulging in, I have been LOVING Einsten's onion bagel toasted with cream cheese. I may or may not have been by there more than once in the last week :/ #emptycalories #layoffmeImstarving 
Anything making you queasy or sick: We were at the grocery store the other day and I don't know for sure if this was it or not but I got a strong whiff of a woman's perfume and it made me SO nauseous I seriously thought I was going to throw up right then and there. #cleanuponaisle7  I haven't been able to wear my usual perfumes this pregnancy either, just scented body lotions. My sense of smell is EXTREMELY sensitive right now!!
Happy or Moody? Happy as could be :) 
Doctor Appointments: We were supposed to have our next sonogram within the next few weeks but since we will be gone the next available time wasn't until july 6th! So, hopefully they will be able to confirm the gender on that date! 
Looking forward to:  Some much needed quality time with both the hubby, Tripp and my family in houston as well as our other trip planned shortly after that. I'm also looking forward to a busy July, we have a lot planned so this summer is really going to fly by!!! 


By the way, with Trey being on the road, this was the best pic I could get! No chalkboard sign pictured, but Tripp is definitely practicing for this week's pic! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment