Pages

Friday, July 8, 2016

June Favorites!

Well, another sweaty hot summer month has come and gone and it's hard to believe our first "Back to School" catalog came in the mail yesterday. Geez, can they let the fireworks die down from Independence Day celebrations before they start throwing this in our faces?!?? While I don't have school aged children quite yet this still just baffles me how quick the stores are to shove summer right out the door....Anywho, we have been enjoying LOTS of outside play, a fun little family getaway to San Antonio, visiting good friends in Austin, as well as the flipside..... Miss B's first virus and Tripp had a bad ear infection. Both of which cut our 4th of July plans short and ended us back home but needless to say we survived.

I rounded up a few of my favorites for your viewing pleasure and thought it would be fun to post my favorite recipe for the month as well. I am by NO means a chef and will and cannot take any credit for this recipe. However, I will happily share recipes I find and are in the menu rotation at the moment. Enjoy the rest of your summer everyone!!! XOXO




\
If you read the reviews, they aren't all that appealing. However, I received a sample of one of these through the point perks at Sephora and instantly fell in love. These work better for my dry over damaged hair than any hair mask. They instantly transform my brittle hair from the harsh summer sun back to soft smooth strands. I actually like the smell from it but it sounds like many other reviewers aren't too fond of the smell for whatever reason. Any who, to each their own..... but thought I would share that I will definitely be keeping these babies in my little black book for a while!!!





Ok, while I obtain ZERO medical degrees, I do want to share something my own doctor recommended to me that I thought I would pass along to other mamas (and dads too!). When reviewing the results of my annual physical, my doctor informed me I had extremely low B12 levels. She asked if I was tired all the time and I just chalked it up to being home all day with a 3 year old and an infant. Anyways, after looking at my blood levels, she discovered I was B12 deficient and put me on these pills to take daily. She recommends if you are going to take supplements to always try and go for the sublingual since more absorbs into your bloodstream that way. Since taking this I have noticed I have not been as exhausted and do have more energy! Is it the same amount of energy as slamming a Red Bull or other substance? No. But it prevents me from being groggy and feeling like it should be bedtime when it's only 2 in the afternoon. Anyways, just wanted to share to those that thought B12 was just a hair & nail growth supplement or something of the sort, because it's not! 




I wish I would have shared this product last month because it is definitely a summer must-have! I have never done waterproof mascara well, I just always wear regular mascara and end up looking like the crazy clown at the pool that forgot the waterproof mascara memo.Well, I found this little beauty a while back after hearing that it doesn't smudge or smear but it rolls off in little rubber like balls when getting wet. So hard to explain but it is definitely my favorite feature of this product. It also creates amazing length as well and is worth a shot if you are in the market for a new mascara!!! 




These were seriously such a random buy for me that I am shocked I like them as much as I do! I am not a huge ice cream person, I prefer Dove chocolate or some sort of cupcake if we are talking sweets, but these appealed to me one afternoon while browsing the frozen food aisle at our local H-E-B. There are a few different flavors, but this one is definitely my fave. It kind of tastes like cheesecake if you like cheesecake?!? They aren't terribly unhealthy either!!! Anyways, if you enjoy sweets and frozen yogurt, give this brand a whirl and you may be surprised like I was!!! 



Described on their website as "Chopped Broccolini® and kale blend, tossed in a sweet and tangy maple vinaigrette dressing and topped with flavorful dried sour cherries. Served with our roasted nut blend".

Even if you aren't a fan of kale, I highly recommend you give this salad a try. You may just surprise yourself! I personally love kale but have had many friends and family members say how much they cannot stand kale but love this side. I am so glad Chick-Fil-A replaced their cole slaw with this and I even order it instead of the waffle fries now! My only complaint is that the large size really isn't as "large" as I would hope. So you can't just get this as your meal or you would probably still be feeling some hunger pains..... and who wants to make a second stop through another fast food joint on your drive home? I don't know from personal experience or anything but it would probably be a Sonic cheeseburger with tots and a supersized drink so just do yourself a favor and order a side of grilled nuggets with this salad and call it a day. Rant over. You're welcome ;) 







Aaaaaand here is my recipe of the month!!! Panko Crusted Honey Mustard Salmon along with Roasted Garlic Asparagus with Feta. I don't have any pictures of our actual dish however here is the stock photo from the website I got it from for reference. This salmon dish is anything but "fishy" as most salmon recipes tend to be. The asparagus side is a perfect compliment to the zangy taste of the salmon, (is zangy even a word?). Anywho, click on the recipe name below to view the recipe and enjoy!!! 


























No comments:

Post a Comment